x-serve fails

mike 0li47au02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 18 06:47:49 UTC 2004

--- "Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione-at-fabbione.net"wrote:

 > Hi Mike,
 > 	is this the first time you run Linux on this
 > machine? The
 > configuration looks almost correct (other than a
 > gitch in the Mode lines
 > with duplicate entries - Daniels????). The error
 > appears to me like a
 > driver bug. We will test asap with the new ati
 > driver.

Yes and no on first time running Linux. This is a new machine. I first
installed Knoppmyth, which booted properly, however, it is not
compatible with the ATI card and the motherboard-based sound seemed to
also present a problem. Since I cannot get Ubuntu to properly boot, I
haven't been able to test the sound yet either. BTW, the machine is
running the ATI RS300 + IXP150 chipsets with on-board Realtek 650F
audio. The details on the video card you already have.

I hope this helps.

Mike