LIVE CD

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Sep 18 02:25:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:17:07PM -0400, martin wrote:

> Bringing up an interface is not a problem, but, if there is no way to load
> firmware into /hotplug firmware, most wireless users will be out of luck.
> Knoppix has a tonne of firmware. (which many linux users simply copy and
> paste 0).

We currently ship, by default, all of the firmware that we know we are
permitted to distribute.  If you know of other firmware which we can legally
distribute, or whose status is unclear but the vendor could be asked, add it
to the WirelessFirmware page in the wiki:

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/WirelessFirmware

--
 - mdz