wireless config

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Fri Sep 17 19:44:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:49:12AM -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:

> I'm downloading Warty right now. My concern about doing the install is
> that the only way I can connect to the net is via wirelss. There's no
> cable available to me. Currenlty I run FC2 and use the MadWifi driver
> to power my D-Link wireless card, which uses the atheros chipset.
> Should I expect this card to work out of the box? Anyone else
> configured wireless for Ubuntu?

Currently, the madwifi driver is installed and automatically used on the
first boot, but is not yet supported during installation.  So you can
install from CD and use the card without adding any additional drivers, but
you cannot (quite yet) do a network installation using the card without some
manual tweaking.

--
 - mdz