Toshiba Wireless card (Intersil PRISM2 11Mbps - orinoco_cs)

Santiago Erquicia santiago_erquicia at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 17 18:36:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to get my wireless card to work.  I used bugzilla
describing the problem but maybe here it will get more exposure.  The
card works under linux without any weird thing because I had not any
problem under Fedora Core 1/2.  I couldn't make it run under Debian
unstable when I tried a couple of months before.

The card is a Intersil PRISM2 11Mbps Wireless Adapter and should work
with the orinoco_cs driver.

The output of cardctl is:
santiago at pampa ~ $ cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  product info: "TOSHIBA", "Wireless LAN Card", "Version 01.01", ""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)
Socket 1:
  no product info available

The output of iwconfig is:
pampa:/home/santiago# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"Wireless"  Nickname:"HERMES I"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.457GHz  Access Point: 44:44:44:44:44:44
          Bit Rate:2Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   Sensitivity:1/3
          Retry limit:4   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=0/92  Signal level=134/153  Noise level=134/153

It looks like the card is detected but I cannot make it work.  My wireless network works unencrypted

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Santiago