Help needed - German keyboard in X11

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Fri Sep 17 16:18:55 UTC 2004

On fre, 2004-09-17 at 18:05 +0200, Karsten Fischer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just installed Ubuntu on my iBook (never done something like his
> before and it seems to work, mostly that is. I cannot get my german
> keyboard from the ibook to work properly, especially the @,{[]} and
> perhaps other keys do not work. I searched on the internet but did not
> get a solution which works. Has anybody an idea?

Have you tried using the keyboard settings dialogue under the
Computer->Settings menu? You should be able to select both the language
layout and the type of keyboard you have there.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden