Relation to Debian Desktop Distribution (DDD)

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Fri Sep 17 14:51:04 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I wondered what the relation of Ubuntotowards the Debian Desktop Distribution
is. I've seen the UserLinux Project specifically mentioned on
ubuntulinux..org but wondered more why this (ubuntu) is not simply part of
Debian Desktop as most of the goals (faster releases than standard debian,
only supporting the main Desktop architectures) seem similar.

Especially the fact that there are seemingly mostly Debian developers involved
in Ubunto made me wonder why this here isn't DDD.

Is there work shared between the two projects or are they really unrelated?

Chris