Strange mouse behavior on simple, fast click

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Fri Sep 17 12:40:04 UTC 2004

On 17.09.2004 14:22, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 11:58 +0000, John wrote:
>
>>That doesn't make sense to me. Red Hat's been confugiring USB mice for
>>years, whether they were there or not. I think, back whe I used a 2.3
>>kernel to get USB support so I could use my trackball. As I recall, I
>>just plugged it in and it worked (I'd already built the kernel), thouhg
>>I can't think why RH would have configured USB in XFree86 when the
>>kernel didn't support it.
>

> Until 2.6, ps/2 mouse events weren't sent to /dev/input/mice. They are
> now, so there's no need to read /dev/psaux as well.

Ah, that's new for me.
So I have misconfigured. I've used /dev/psaux as in 2.4 kernels before.
Maybe because of that there got two mouse configurations in the
XF86Config-4. But why is then the 2nd not configured /dev/input/mice in it?
I've used now /dev/input/mice and the XF86Config-4 is correctly
generated and the mouse react normal.

Markus