display refresh rate problems

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at canonical.com
Fri Sep 17 08:46:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:31:27AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > Not at this point in time. It is too intrusive. I have been evaluating
> > this option already a while ago and the list is generated from known
> > ddcprobe so there is not much gain here. It will also introduce either one
> > question with a looooooooong list of options or 2/3 questions with smaller
> > lists.
>
> Well, only if DDC fails.

It will still require the hardware database to be installed by
base-config, that means moving hwdata in main, a change to base-config.
plus all the code/templates and stuff to handle it but yes, we will do it
for hoary.

> > We will look at it for hoary.
>
> Yeah, that's why I proposed Hoary.  I think we might be violently in
> agreeance. :)

yeps

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.