Ubuntu mono packages

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Fri Sep 17 06:04:59 UTC 2004

<quote who="Ian MacLean">

> This will seem like a lame question - but how do I install those packages
> once I've downloaded them ? I've tried dpkg -i and various incantations of
> apt-get but one doesn't calculate the dependencies and the other wants to
> download things.  is there an equivalent of rpm -Uhv *.rpm ?

Oh, well, what you need to do is:

  sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list

  Add this line to your sources.list, there will be a bunch of similar ones
  for our archives:

    deb http://www.getsweaaa.com/~tseng/ubuntu/debs ./

  sudo apt-get update

  sudo apt-get install muine (or other package names)

There you go! :-)

(for what it's worth, and you won't have to use this very often, but the
equivalent of your rpm command is dpkg -i *.deb)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/               Ubuntu!