Upgrade paths

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Fri Sep 17 04:10:33 UTC 2004

<quote who="Joshua King">

> Well that's it, I'm sold!  I might even have to install on my iBook after
> reading about the PPC support Ubuntu offers.

Go for it, the hardware support is very good. I have a bright green toilet
seat iBook to run it on. ;-)

> How would I go about tracking the development branch, just change the
> sources.list I assume? Sometimes it's fun to live on the edge ;-)

We haven't kicked it off yet, but your sources.list would look something
like this:

  deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

So it's just a change from warty to hoary, just like Debian releases. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/               Ubuntu!