Strange mouse behavior on simple, fast click

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Thu Sep 16 23:55:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

I don't know if it is the new Gnome 2.8 or its configuration in Ubuntu
or ...
If I do one fast click it is interpreted as a double-click.
I've tried to change this behavior in the Gnome-mouse-preferences but
without real success.
If I click and hold the button for a moment and then release, it is as
it should be.
If I click and release too fast it is a multiple click.
So I move really often the panels although I want to open the menu.
Or the menu is opened and closed with one fast click.
Or an application is started two times by one fast click.

Do you have an idea how to change this?

cu
Markus