Instalation Report

Santiago Erquicia santiago_erquicia at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 15 21:42:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just installed the distribution and I wanted to congratulate everyone
involved in this.  It was "almost" painless.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite A25-S207

Here is the configuration of my machine:
Pentium 4 1.66GHz
512 MB RAM
Video card:  Trident CyberBlade XPAi1
Sound Card: ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link

Installation:
Installation went fine except for two things.  First, I saw many times
an error that said "serial8250: too much work on irq11".  When that
happened things started go slower.  The other problem, is that it
couldn't connect to the security repository and kept trying for too
long.  I had to press CTRL-C to continue.

Until now everything is working fine.  The only problem that I'm having
is that I had one partition of type vfat and everytime it boots tries to
change something in almost every file.  It says something like the
cluster size is not the same as the file size or something like that.  I
don't know if this is going to change anything or not on my files, but
just in case I'm exiting it every time with CTRL-C.  My windows
partition was mounted on /windows and now when I try to see it with
Nautilus, all the folders look like files with the green foot icon.  If
I do that as root, everything is fine.

By the way, the windows partition doesn't appear in Computer.  Shouldn't
it have the users parameters in fstab?

Do you know what should I do to fix this?

Thanks again,
Santiago