Mono installation from source?

martin m.sturm at student.tue.nl
Sat Oct 30 14:27:38 UTC 2004

Op vr, 29-10-2004 te 02:26 +1000, schreef Jeff Waugh:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 10:52 -0500, amerigo5 amerigo5 wrote:
> > Anyone tried installing mono from source (./configure, make  and make
> > install)? Can anyone provide steps on installing mono from newly installed
> > Ubuntu? Thanks.
>
> Pretty much all of the really useful mono stuff is already available in
> universe, by the way.
>
> - Jeff

Is it me, or is Monodevelop not part of universe yet? I tried to install
mono just a few minutes before now, but apt-get complained that it could
not find the package monodevelop (or mono-develop). Using 'apt-cache
search' I was unable to find monodevelop either.

Does this mean the mono environment is not yet completely in universe,
or am I missing something?

- Martin