Why Hoary and why *now*?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:27:02 UTC 2004

> I've noticed that a fair number of people are asking about upgraqding
> to Hoary now and many are doing so, and many of those hitting
> problems.
> So the question question is: Why?

because they like living on the edge :)
Personally I was going to install Hoary, but not as my main desktop.
Maybe on a 2nd partition somewhere to test it, and try to help
flushing bugs out, knowing that at the first hint of a problem, my
trusted Warty is available.

But should Hoary's bugs/problems be discussed  on another list
(ubuntu-devel?) than ubuntu-users  to try to keep the focus here on
the stable version and problems users have with it?