Partitioning Woes

Ambient ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Oct 31 15:24:21 UTC 2004

I just would like to state that i have the exactly same problem. My
first partition of a 40 GB HD is NTFS (30 GB). I try to partition 5 GB
root (reiserfs) and the rest to home (ext3). But it fails. As it did
not work i tried fdisk. I can find the "hda" (it used some other name
like part1) but after partitioning hda1, hda5, hda6 (and such) can not
be found. It seems that the installer has the same problem, like it
does not have write permissions for the partition folder or something.

This is a centrino laptop. AOpen 1557G frame, 1.6 Pentium-M, 512MB, 40
GB Samsung HD, Intel Prowireless 2200BG, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600. The
install CD is official (Ubuntu Warty).

It's very odd that pre-release live-CD worked just fine. And that bug
the previous poster referred to does not seem to be the same problem as
with the first poster.

I'm sorry i have not posted a bug about this. I'm not just very
proficient with posting bugs (i'm just a luser).  :(

--
Ambient