Opening a terminal window in the current Nautilus directory

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 13:22:54 UTC 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:00:49 +0000, Ben Roe <ben_ubuntu at benroe.com> wrote:
> Steve Zatz wrote:
> > This is a real newbie question but I don't see a way to open a
> > terminal window where the working directory is the same directory that
> > a Nautilus window is currently open to.  To be as clear as possible,
> > when I am pretty deep in the file system with Nautilus I only see how
> > to open a terminal window in my home directory and then I have to cd
> > to the directory that I am trying to get to.  Is there a better way?
> >

> Put this script in ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts, called something like
> "Open terminal here" and do chmod +x on it. It will then appear as an
> option in the context menu in Nautilus:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> cd -
> /usr/bin/X11/xterm
> done
> exit0
>

> Ben

To all:

I have a bunch of scripts. I'd be perfectly happy to throw them all in
a zipfile and email them, as they'd be a bit much to place here.

The scripts I have are:

1. Mail file with Evolution  --  opens an Evolution email window and
attaches the selected file
2. Mount iso  --  Mounts an ISO file
3. Open with root Gedit  --  Opens the selected file with Gedit with
root privileges
4. Root Nautilus here  --  Opens a root Nautilus in whatever directory you're in
5. Root terminal here  --  Opens a root Gnome-terminal in whatever
directory you're in
6. Run as su  --  Runs the selected file with superuser privileges
7. Search here  --  Opens a search window and sets it to the directory
you're in (instead of ~/)
8. Terminal here  --  Opens a Gnome-terminal in whatever directory you're in
9. Unmount iso  --  Does a umount on the ISO file you mounted with 'Mount iso'.

Email me direct at carney1979 at gmail.com and I'll send them to you
fairly quickly. I still want to add a few comments to them stating
requirements that each script needs to run, etc.

David

--
Registered Linux User #297958