Getting Mouse 3/4/5 to Work

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 01:48:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:16:20 -0400, Kevin Mulligan
<kevin at teamindecisive.com> wrote:

> Coming from a Windows environment, I really miss being able to use Mouse
> 3/4/5 fresh off of the install. Sivan Green told me to post here so all
> users could benefit.

Hey Kevin. You're not alone. As much as I dislike most of their
software, Microsoft makes (or hires people to make) some of the best
input devices IMHO. I take my own Optical Intellimouse with me when I
get a graphic design job.

This may not be much help right now, but I've been meaning to figure
out how to get the extra button functionality from Windows into Linux.
If you search the list archives, there was a post with some
information about it quite a while ago. If you happen to also be using
the MS Intellimouse, a Google search for "Microsoft Intellimouse
Linux" should get you more info.

I'll work on this this weekend and if I have any success, I'll add the
info to the wiki.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu