gtk-imonc from Debian unstable not available in Ubuntu

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sun Oct 31 01:02:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:25:21AM +0200, Christoph Bier said
> Matt Zimmerman schrieb am 28.10.2004 07:19
> > You could do that as well.  You could also install the binary, either with
> > apt or dpkg,
>
> Sorry for asking, but which binary do you mean?

I think he means the gtk-imon .deb.

> I already mentioned the FAQ about mixing Debian and Ubuntu packages,
> that lets me ask this question now. Maybe I'm just a bit (or totally)
> confused.

The FAQ is more aimed at discouraging people from using apt against
Debian; installing a single .deb is highly unlikely to break anything,
but apt could install large slabs of debian unstable (e.g. new binaries
will pull in debian's libc6).

-rob

--
Words of the day:     UNSCOM Yukon World Trade Center diwn halcon CIDA Fortezza