New Art Site

Mark Turner amerine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:00:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:13:46 -0400, William Ingram <will at lunarpages.com> wrote:
> The registration requirement, is a simple email.
>
> I am doing this, because those who participate, will be given things
> such as ubuntu-art.org mail address, and webhosting accounts.

I Understand, and the Idea for ubuntu-look is a couple months old now.
It has nothing against Ubuntu-Art. You are giving away and providing a
great service to the community.

> I will also be holding monthly contests soon, in which prizes will be
> given.

What sort of Prizes?

> Another reason for this, is that I am also running a U.S. mirror for iso
> images on this server, and I would like to gauge the bandwidth a little.
>
> Im am not sure why the registration is troublesome, as many sites
> require registration to download, and certainly to upload.
>
> Anyway, I created the site to share, and have fun.

And thats the reason for Ubunut-Look, except I have plans for it to
contain more then just Ubuntu Art work.

> I apologize that the registration has stirred enough up in you to create
> your own, and I wish you the best of luck.

I didnt mean to put an emphisis on the registration, I apologize. I
have no problems registering an account there, you need accounts for
what you have planned for the site. And Like i said before, i want
some feedback from the community about what they would like to see. I
hope that instead of a "competition" we would be able to assist
eachother.