playing and ripping, ogg and mp3s?

Tony tony.kruse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 01:57:16 UTC 2004

I tried Rythmbox but when I tried to add a folder to the Library I got
a window scrolling my ogg files with the error message: "Could not
decode stream".

It did find "1" mp3 file that was present.  Both XMMS and Rythmbox are
able to play the mp3 file, but not the ogg files.

Am I looking for a specific plugin or a preference for file types?  I
don't see a reference to file types in the XMMS preferences (nor
Rythmbox).

Thanks again.