pptp-client with mppe

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Fri Oct 29 22:03:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 11:24 -0600, Tory Patnoe wrote:
> I'm new to ubuntu (and debian). I was using gentoo. With gentoo I got really sick of compiling and getting everything working was a pain, before that used SUSE. Suse worked great but I missed many of the new features and was tired of spend $ on upgrades. With Ubuntu it has been the easiest to use distro I've used yet. However....
>
> I'm trying to get a pptp-client working with MPPE encryption (this was easy with Suse since it had everything precomplied in). According to the pptp-client package I need to patch the kernel and ppp.
>
> Are their instructions for this? Should I go to the debian documentation and find instructions from there?

Please, forget that note.

Ubuntu should "just work" without recompile anything to get pptp
support, that note it's an obsolete one that was not removed on time.

That's the theory, unfortunately I was not able to validate the mppe
encryption support so I cannot tell you that it will work for sure,
without it, it works for me.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín