Copying files to Ubuntu box

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:54:23 UTC 2004

Hey all...another Samba(ish) question for you all. The two systems
involved are a 1.8Ghz Pentium 4 with 256MB RAM (Ubuntu box) and a 2.4Ghz
Pentium 4 with 512MB RAM (Windows XP Pro).

The problem is when someone logs into the Ubuntu box from the XP Box
(using Network Places) they can navigate around fine...but when they try
to copy a file to the Ubuntu box it gives them an access denied error.

The directory we're trying to use is off the users home directory. I've
checked permissions...and they are 774. Should work fine. I even tried
777 just to be on the safe side. Still no good trying to copy files to
the Ubuntu box...any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
Calvin Park
Assistant for Linux Systems

web: www.davisny.edu