non-free should just work

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Oct 28 16:00:12 UTC 2004

Ross D wrote:
> I see the thing limiting Ubuntu the most is the difficulty with
> getting non-free things working (java, flash, nvidida drivers, codecs
> for realplayer, etc.)

there are legal implications of these non-free apps.  Most have are
redistributable licences and therefore it's not possible for ubuntu to
distribute them.

There will soon be extra documentation showing how easy it is to use
non-free software written so even the most inexperienced user can get
these tools working

sparkes

--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"