a linux ready for simple users ? (Re: issues with warty final

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Thu Oct 28 12:34:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 07:08 +0100, sparkes wrote:
> Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> >>if legal problems make it impossible to include things,
> >>it would be easy to make a script that guides
> >>through the installation of stuff from other sources,
> >>or at least a simple but complete how-to,
> >

> > I think Ubuntu needs the equivalent of Eric Raymond's Fedora Multimedia Howto:
> >
> > http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/
> >
> what are the legal implications of including this in the offical docs?
>
> If we have problems doing this I would be willing to host it externally ;-)
>
> sparkes

If it is on the "Linux Documentation Project" page than it should be no
problem,  I would suggest linking to it though that way we don't have
overlapping docs with them and also if that is ever updated we would
have to resync it.  If we just point to it, than it will always be as
updated as it is.

--
John Hornbeck
http://hornbeck.freeshell.org/blogger