Gnome dot releases

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Oct 27 12:29:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 14:14 +0200, h.engemann at basicartstudios.de wrote:
> sounds sad,
> so we dont see new versions of programmes, tools when they are released?
> Would be better if you distribute them than to use 3rd party repos.

We would not be able to support continuously updated repositories. Now
that warty is released, we're working on hoary, and providing support
for warty. It would be too much work for us, and would not be the right
thing to do for people who want a known, stable system.

> on the other side, anything runs fine and stable, so there isnt much
> need to get the bleeding edge stuff.

Precisely. We release every six months. It's stable, and up to date. You
won't get anything older than six months, at the worst. That's the way
it should be. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!