changing theme colors and SVG?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Oct 27 09:51:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 02:34 -0400, volvoguy wrote:
> To change colors of theme elements (window borders, title bars, etc),
> do you need to completely change themes, or is there a dialog that I'm
> not seeing for color changing?

You need to change themes at the moment. All of the colours are defined
in the GTK+ (or 'control') theme, and there is no cute little colour
changer dialogue... This is something that numerous people have started
but no one has ever finished. :-)

> Along the same lines... If a new theme needs to be created, can I use
> SVG graphics there as well? I've Googled around a bit and didn't find
> any basic "how to start making Gnome themes" type tutorials. Can any
> interface element in Gnome use SVG by default?

The only ways that SVG is related to GNOME themes is that some themes
may use SVG icons, and there is a special (but very rarely used) theme
engine (software code) based on librsvg. Instead of using images to draw
elements like the pixbuf engine, it uses SVG.

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!