XSane segmentation fault
darren at tenjin.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 22:23:43 UTC 2004
I had trouble getting my Canon scanner to work. I didn't get the same error,
but here's what I did (taken from my personal "how to" files so please
excuse the format!):
" - First off, try running xsane as root:
If you can run xsane as root okay then you have a permissions problem.
You need to add the scanner device to the "scanner" group, and possibly
chmod 660 the device.
You locate the device by:
- Look on the sane web site and check that your scanner is supported
- Assuming it is (bail out now if it isn't!) then make a note of the vendor
ID and product ID, and the drive
- Ensure that the driver is installed on your system
- Look in /proc/bus/usb/devices and locate your scanner by manufacturer
name, vendor ID and product ID
- When you find it, look for the section marked "Dev#= " and make a note of
the device number.
- Look in /proc/bus/usb/* and find the folder that contains your device
- chmod 660 <your device>
- chown root:scanner <your device>
That should be it."
----- Original Message -----
From: "June Tate" <june at theonelab.com>
To: <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:27 PM
Subject: XSane segmentation fault
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the ubuntu-users