Dual Monitor with X + ATI Radeon 9250 AGP8x 128MB 128 Bit DDR / TV-Out+DVI

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:36:39 UTC 2004

yes.  the ati drivers only support up to agp 4x.  not that ati seems
to make this well known, or anything.

setup the bios to support up to 4x.  After I found that little tidbit
of info, and ripping out much hair, my 9800 worked perfectly with the
ati setup script.

another configuration issue is whether to use ati's built-in agp
driver or the mobo's chipset driver.  With the latest drivers, the
recommendation seems to be to try the mobo's drivers first.

-noah