Will there be a boot splash

Brian Barr barr at coastal.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 25 18:48:24 UTC 2004

ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

>  Those of us who *can* troubleshoot
> are perfectly capable of getting to the information; everyone else is
> just intimidated by the endless rows of cryptic text.

Intimidated?  How about adding a nice text message as it starts up saying:

"And now we will start the boot process...you can probably ignore most of this."

Once you see that start up phase once or twice, it becomes "normal".  I would think part of this "humanity" thing is to not treat your customers like fools.  Raise your expectations, and people generally meet them.

--
Sincerely,
Brian