ICMP 8 OPEN

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Mon Oct 25 16:18:25 UTC 2004

i can see it now.

there will be a 'ubuntu-security' list or at least s/b, i see a lot people
asking questions about rather basic netsec and there appears to be a rather
large contingent of folk who have not really been exposed to what it REALLY
takes to lock down ( & keep it so ).

sorry, i presumed there was not such a list as i have not seen a single
suggestion to take a thread the 'sec' list, so maybe i started wrong.....

is there a ubuntu-security list ?

if not, one is needed.

i would also suggest that scans from internet sites such as this area bad
habit
to start and worse to continue. these types of scans s/b done by the user
himself
from systems owned by the user with executables that the user at least not
the origin of.

v/r,
~piranha