Will there be a boot splash like the one in suse, mandrake?

Ben Novack bennovack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:56:10 UTC 2004

I think any bootsplash should be on by default; it's there mainly for
normal users who don't want to see ten thousand cryptic text messages
when they boot up. Those of us who want more information are perfectly
capable of commenting out a line or clicking a GUI checkbox; Jane and
Joe Newbie aren't going to want to or know how to muck around with all
kinds of settings right off the bat.