anjuta IDE

Darren Critchley darrenc at telus.net
Mon Oct 25 15:10:19 UTC 2004

achilleos wrote:

>jdong Wrote:
>

>>Dependencies are packages that Anjuta needs in order to run, like X libs
>>or GTK.
>>

>you are right off course, my error.
>
>jdong Wrote:
>

>>anjuta suggests/recommends everything required to make projects.
>>

>sadly this is not the case. try it! install anjuta and all recommended
>and suggested packages. you cannot create a gnome2 project.

Are you referring to the generation of a project. I have anjuta
installed and just tried creating a Gnome2 C based project.
It had some errors during the auto generation:
    autopoint *** cvs program not found
    autopoint *** Stop

    autoheader: WARNING using auxiliary files such as acconfig.h,
config.h.bot
    autoheader: WARNING and config.h.top to define templates for config.h.in
    autoheader: WARNING is deprecated and discouraged

    Makefile.am.6 required directory ./intl does not exist

    ** Error ** automake failed Please fix the warnings
(probably missing development files) and try again

./autogen.sh line 235: ./configure: No such file or directory

Auto generation completed.................Unsuccessful

Are these what you are referring to?
With the exception of auto generating things, my Gnome2 project appears
to have all the necessary items created in the project, including
headers files and there is even a skeleton main.c generated by Glade.

Darren