[OT] my hard drive was murdered!

Mark sigemund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:26:36 UTC 2004

I had a similar problem.  I thought it was the hard drive, but for me
it turned out to be the power supply.  It wasn't the PS exactly, but
my Radeon 9700 was pulling so much power, it was causing the drives to
not get enough, and so they weren't able to function properly.  A new,
better PS fixed that.  But it sounds to me like your drive might
actually be dead.  What brand is it?

Mark