Evolution not filtering spam

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sun Oct 24 22:59:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 17:46 -0500, rjl wrote:
> Is spamassassin among the ubuntu packages?  I tried apt-get and it was
> not found.
>
> If I need to go to "universe" is that a problem?  After a couple of
> weeks of playing with ubuntu I'm happy with what I have, except I would
> like less spam. I don't want to break my system.

Yes, you'll need to install spamassassin from universe if you want
Evolution to do spam filtering. We chose not to support spamassassin,
but we didn't have time to fix Evolution to use bogofilter correctly in
the mean time.

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!