Will there be a boot splash like the one in suse, mandrake?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sun Oct 24 22:35:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 18:20 -0400, John Dong wrote:

> That's no big deal. But programs like VMWare (the actual program, not
> running Ubuntu within VMWare) will refuse to go into fullscreen with
> framebuffer enabled. On my K8V mobo, the video becomes corrupted when
> resuming from ACPI S3 with fb turned on.

For what it's worth, my preference would be for an X-based solution too,
but...

If applications don't work with the framebuffer enabled, then that's
either an application bug or a framebuffer bug. It's worth fixing those
rather than simply avoiding the problem by reducing functionality. As
for ACPI, Hoary development is going to include quite a lot of work on
working suspend/resume. This will include focusing on video issues.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org