Apt-get versus aptitude versus synaptic

Pizbit pizbit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 21:47:09 UTC 2004

Does this imply that synaptic keeps it's own internal record and
doesn't use /etc/apt/preferences to pin packages?(I believe that's
what it's done...)
I've used a mixture of apt-get and synaptic and I've never had
problems, generally apt-get for quick'n'dirty, stuff I know and
synaptic if I'm doing multiple things at once.