I don't want to beat this to death, but...

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sun Oct 24 07:43:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:

> However, Firefox 0.9.3? Yuck.

Believe me, 1.0PR was a lot more "yuck" as something to put into our stable
release.  We chose 0.9.3 for good reasons: it is more important to have a
browser in good working order than to have some new features.

> Since I don't know anything about Debian, this may be a dumb question:
> Will I have to become a beta tester for Hoary before I can use the latest
> Firefox, or will I be able to stick to this nice stable base and pluck the
> latest version out of a development branch in a repository?

It depends on how things go in the course of Hoary development.  Sometimes
package dependencies need to change, and in those cases you may not be able
to install Hoary packages on Warty.  Sometimes you will.

The only firm plan is that there will be a new stable release in April.
We hope that Firefox will have a stable 1.0 release by then, which would be
included in the Hoary release.

--
 - mdz