Feature requests? (UML skas patch, Lock screen and log on as another user)

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sun Oct 24 07:23:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 23:26 -0700, Elliot F. wrote:
> > The handwaving plan for this feature is to provide a 'log in as new
> > user' button on the screensaver lock dialogue. So you can lock your
> > screen, and someone else can log in. That'll require a GTK+/GNOME based
> > lock dialogue for xscreensaver, which hasn't been done yet due to the
> > raft of security issues that have to be addressed first. But when it
> > happens, all the GDM infrastructure is ready and waiting for it.
>
> Is this a feature planned for hoary, or further along?  I was going to
> ask more questions along these lines, but I think I'll shut up instead,
> and see what happens.  :)

Although I know we'd like to switch to a GTK+ lock screen in Ubuntu
(while preserving the security of xscreensaver), it's not on our list of
things to do for Hoary. I was mostly referring to general upstream GNOME
plans.

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!