Gaim Security Upgrade 1.0.2

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 01:51:25 UTC 2004

This may be a little premature, but since there ARE some security
issues involved, I wanted to ask.

The MSN protocol in Gaim has been acting kind of funky for me lately -
random network problems that don't affect anything else, not able to
read contact list from the server, etc.

Of course about the time this started, Gaim would give a message at
startup that there was a new version available, and now Ubuntu is two
versions behind. For most things this wouldn't matter, but when
functionality breaks (like MSN changing protocol or someone uncovers a
new exploit), I would assume that an upgrade would be appropriate. The
security related issues fixed in the newest version can be found here:

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/security/

All three are related to MSN. I'm not sure if that means anything though.

So consider this a question and a request. Is this the kind of thing
we'll see upgraded between major Ubuntu versions? If not, could it be?
:-)

Thanks guys! Keep up the amazing work!

--
Aaron