Feature requests? (UML skas patch, Lock screen and log on as another user)

Elliot F. elliotf-ubuntu at gratuitous.net
Sat Oct 23 05:49:37 UTC 2004

First off, a big thank you to everyone doing this excellent work with
ubuntu.  Matt Zimmerman in particular is very quick to respond to
questions.  I'm truly impressed by this wonderful distribution as well
as the people working on it, and was happy to see the peaceful and
rational resolution to the controversial gdm/splash images.

Now, If I may, I would like to make two requests:

1.)  uml skas patch applied to the kernel images (if possible)
2.)  I could swear that there was a feature at one point in ubuntu where
it was set up so that user A on tty7 could lock the screen, it would
then switch to gdm on tty8, where another user would be able to log
in...  It was awfully nice to have it automatically set up like this, as
opposed to have to do it all oneself.

I feel rather silly asking for these things, but ubuntu is allowing me
to become very lazy:  I've not had to recompile my kernel for driver
support, install third-party packages (other than the marillat packages)
and it's very nicely set up.

I look forward to seeing hoary in action.

Elliot