boot time errors (hotplug probs?)

salmankhilji ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 23 13:12:56 UTC 2004

One question for you.  Where did you cut and paste the error message
from?  I had the exact same problem and to post the errors that I was
getting, I wanted to cut and paste from a system log file.  I looked
for it everywhere including /var/log/messages but had no luck.  I also
could not figure out a way  to pause the boot process and write down on
a paper what the exact error message was.

I am talking about the following error messages.

modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting pciehp
(/lib/modules/2.6.8.1-3-386/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.ko) :
Operation not permitted

modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting shpchp
(/lib/modules/2.6.8.1-3-386/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp.ko) :
Operation not permitted

I also had this problem with hw_random

Salman

--