How long before the pressed discs ship?

Benj. Mako Hill mako at canonical.com
Sat Oct 23 03:41:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 05:18:16PM +0200, Michel Klijmij wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:56:23 -0400, "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako at canonical.com>
> wrote in <20041021215623.GP14520 at nozomi>:
>
> > We're pressing a lot of CDs so i could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks to
> > perhaps twice that long until they start showing up on people's door
> > depending on the speed of the local mail and when you ordered (it
> > should be roughly first ordered, first shipped).
> >
> > If you didn't make the first shipment, because either you were too
> > late or because you didn't get complete information on time, you'll be
> > able to get in on a second shipment that should follow relatively
> > soon. I'll post more information on this in the next week or two.
>
> The easiest would be if we'd be able to see this on the shipit login. So
> you login, and then get a message "Shipped (date)", "Planned for second
> shipment" etc.

There will be a "sent off for shipment" table that should be showing
up in shipit as soon as I get confirmation that we're moving ahead
with the database dump I sent off.

I won't be able to have a date shipped I don't think because we're not
doing the shipment ourselves and it's not entirely clear how the
company that is pressing and shipping CDs will be going through the
list and on what timescale. We only know it will probably take them
several weeks to work through it all. I can certainly alert the list
when the first batch is successfully finished.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill