Samba Question

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:51:49 UTC 2004

Hey all...question regarding Samba for you...I'm trying to connect to my
Ubuntu box from a Windows box running Win XP Pro (box is 2.2Ghz 512mb
RAM, 100Mbps NIC). My Ubuntu box is a 1.8Ghz with 256mb RAM and a
100mbps NIC...here is the problem.

On the Windows box I open up "My Network Places" browse the entire
network, find my Ubuntu box, and double click on it. It brings up a
dialog box asking for my username and password. I enter my username and
my password (for the Ubuntu box) and click okay. It waits a few seconds,
then pops up the dialog box again, with my username still entered (but
this time with "OFFICE\cpark" and my pass still there in the password
box. OFFICE is the name of our workgroup...I try clicking okay again, it
waits a few seconds, and then shows me the same thing again.

Any idea what the problem is?
--
Calvin Park
Assistant for Linux Systems