Upgrading from Debian testing with custom kernel - advice please

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:18:18 UTC 2004

Tonight I am going to try to upgrade my Debian testing install to
Ubuntu.  There is an extra complexity - I have a custom kernel which I
have had to manually install.

In some ways the simplest thing to do would be to install Ubuntu over
the top of the current install - by booting from the CD.  Is it
possible to do this in an nondestructive way.  I.e. use the same file
system and simply overwrite files.  I know this will leave some
unnecessary stuff but I can live with this - as long as I don't loose
my documents/email etc.

Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England