Warty 4.10 Installation Kernel panic Unable to load VFS

Christoffer Skeppstedt c.skeppstedt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:46:37 UTC 2004

Hello everyone!

I'm sort of a newbie, so be gentle ;). I just downloaded the 4.10
release ISO to install Ubuntu. The CD boots fine, and I press Enter to
boot the default mode (I've tested the others as well: expert etc.).
Soon there's a kernel panic, telling me that it was unable to mount
root fs. The message goes:

RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)

I've got a S-ATA disc, and a IDE disc (set to primary slave). I'd
really like to try Ubuntu!

Thankful for any help // Christoffer