54mbs card for powermac g4

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 21 14:50:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:30:38AM +0100, B wrote:
| On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 21:19 -0400, Dale Kosan wrote:
| > Can someone recommend a wireless card that will work the easiest out of
| > the box for Ubuntu on my g4 powermac?

The only card I can recommend is a PrismGT with a PCI interface.  (the
pcmcia variants should work, but I haven't tried one)  The prismgt
driver (call prism54) has been in the kernel since 2.6.5.  The USB
variant is not yet supported.  (disclaimer: I only have an ia32 system)

| I don't know if you can stick one in a mac, but if you can get a Netgear
| WG512 802.11g Ubuntu finds it first time, strait out of the box.

What kind of card is that?  (chipset, interface)

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org