partition unmounted when user log out

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 14:05:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 14:36 +0200, fluberman wrote:
> I have a FAT32 partition which I mount during bootup process. The
> following is what I have in /etc/fstab
>
> /dev/hda6   /win/data1  vfat  auto,users,uid=flubie,gid=flubie  0  0
>
> Now when I logout and then re-login, that hda6 partition is unmounted,
> so I have to re-mount it from  Computer>Disks and then choose data1
> icon.  Is anybody else here experiencing the same problem ?

I have a fat32 partition mounted with

/dev/hda1 /win	vfat	umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850  0 0

and it's always mounted and always readable/writable.

I have seen instructions on this list for mounting windows partitions
using different words/numbers. I copied my entry from my (then) mandrake
fstab to see if it would work (which it did).

hope this helps

regards

David