Live CD - Very nice, solved some problems.

Pizbit pizbit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:50:02 UTC 2004

Just tried the live cd.
*wow* Nice and clean.
It really is what I'd been expecting, some of you may have seen my
email with all the problems I encounted trying the RC1 installer, none
of those problems are present! USB stick works fine, sound works fine,
obviously the network is working fine since I'm typing this in firefox
from the live cd.
I did append pci=noacpi to the grub line though as suggested in my
problems thread, I think I should look at the other arguements grub
uses and have a go at installing ubuntu again.:)

Then I have the fun of updating to firefox 0.10.1 because personally I
havn't had any problems with it, guess I'm just lucky sometimes eh?
Then the nvidia drivers and whatnot, weee, good distraction from the
realllllly important exams comming up in less than a month.

Is it possible to do a hd install of the live cd and upgrade to the full system?