Announcing Ubuntu 4.10 "The Warty Warthog Release"

Michele Cella dredoz at altervista.org
Thu Oct 21 07:51:45 UTC 2004

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> === Announcing Ubuntu 4.10 "The Warty Warthog Release" ===

I just want to thank you all!
I'm using Ubuntu from late September.
It's the distro I've always dreamed, only "one cd", no needless stuff
installed by default, uncluttered, based on debian and only the latest
gnome, frequently updated, great hardware support (my laptop works great
out of the box), fast, stable and "just working".
I Hope you will always keep it this way.

Ciao.
    Michele

PS
Your text based installer is far simpler than others distros installer
so I don't see the need of a graphical version.