cannot print

adbak ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Oct 21 04:15:35 UTC 2004

Same problem here, only with Epson Stylus C82.

[code:1:10b1e3453d]Things I have installed:
cupsys
cupsys-bsd
cupsys-client
gnome-cups-manager
libcupsimage2
libcupsys2-gnutls10
libgnomecups1.0-1
libgnomecupsui1.0-1
foomatic-db-gimp-print
ijsgimpprint
libgnomeprint2.2-0
libgnomeprint2.2-data
libgnomeprintui2.2-0
libgnomeprintui2.2-common

All of the above are Ubuntu packages and up to date.

I also have the following installed and up to date, but these are not part of Ubuntu:
cupsys-driver-gimpprint
cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data[/code:1:10b1e3453d]

I had to install the non-Ubuntu apps so that it could take notice of my printer (Epson Stylus C83) because none of the generic Stylus Color drivers worked.  It was working a while ago, but I've since added and deleted some unnecessary print utilities.  It still doesn't work, and it's annoying me.  Because then I have to regress to Windows.